Sunday, January 10, 2016

Build failed without any error in Visual Studio 2013 update 4

This is one of the very strange error you may find sometimes. Especially when you build a new system or when you install visual studio 2013 first time.

There are many reasons for this error. If you search in Google you may find many solutions here I am going to give you a different solution which worked for me after a thorough investigation.

What happened in my case was, when I open Visual Studio 2013 it shows as running in Administrator mode, but actually it is not. I didn’t right click and run as administrator while opening Visual Studio.

image_thumb2

Now if you build your application which require administrator rights your build may fail. Again not always and not all projects.

So to resolve this issue what you have to do is open Visual Studio in Administrator mode. Just right click on the Visual Studio 2013 from the start menu and click on Run as Administrator. Now you try to build the project which failed without any error. It must work.

image_thumb4

I hope it helps, as I mentioned at the top this is not the only solution to this problem, but this is definitely one of the solution which worked for me. So thought of sharing with you all.

2 comments:

rmouniak said...

t is a very good blog and useful for students and developer, Thanks for sharing
.Net Online Training
Dot Net Online Training Bangalore
.Net Online Course

Susan said...

I am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. There are so many fun and exciting Things to do and experience around the world that I thought I'd put together a list of my favourite things to do for all travelers ...